Qualified individuals must have strong engineering design and permitting experience related to pipeline systems engineering, system integrity, and construction, or experience related to piping in the oil & gas, or mining sectors. The successful candidate will be managing and engineering oil and gas pipeline projects that typically include relocation and protection of existing pipelines, routing of proposed pipelines, pipeline stress analysis, pipe sizing, development of permit documents, and trenchless construction design. •
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
• Perform FEED Studies for proposed pipeline systems or modifications and associated facilities.
• Provide engineering support to pipeline routing studies.
• Prepare detailed engineering design of hazardous liquids, gas, slurry and other pipeline projects including design of trenchless crossings (Bore, Microtunnel, HDD).
• Prepare pipeline stress calculations associated with proposed pipeline crossings and horizontal directional drills.
• Participate in field/ site walks coordinate field investigation work for surveys, utility investigations, environmental delineations, geotechnical investigations, cathodic protection, etc. in support of the pipeline design effort.
• Coordinate engineering and survey services in support of right of way acquisition needs and environmental permitting on pipeline projects.
• Review third party pipeline encroachments for impacts to the client's pipeline system. • Prepare project funding documents such as cost estimates, equipment bid summaries and authorization requests.
• Provide field project coordination, engineering services and troubleshooting. • Preparation and submission of permit application packages associated with pipeline projects.
• Write or oversee technical reports.
• Prepare proposals in response to client RFP's. • Provide technical assistance to construction and field operations. • Engineer and design foundations for equipment and pipe supports.
•KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:*
• A minimum of 7 years of project engineering • A minimum 5 years in the oil and gas pipeline sector with both project engineering and design experience or operating company experience • BS engineering degree from an accredited academic institution (Civil/Mechanical preferred) • PE license preferred, EIT/FE required • Experience with pipeline slip repairs and preventative measures for installation • Experience and familiarity with the pipeline permitting process • Knowledge of hazardous liquids and gas codes and regulations including 49 CFR Part 192 and 195, ASME B31.4, B31.8 and B31.8S, etc. •